Daily News Links

Tate: A long history of scandals

Corruption, cheats show ugly side of college basketball

Dre Brown makes Illini debut

Four surgeries later Dre Brown took the field for the Fighting Illini. The long awaited debut was delayed after missing 2 straight seasons.

TCU moves to the head of the Big 12 pack

After No. 3 Oklahoma lost earlier in the day, TCU's win over No. 23 West Virginia makes the Horned Frogs the lone unbeaten team in the conference.

Game notes: 'We've got to punch it in'

Illini outgain Iowa, but red zone struggles hinder offense 

Game story: Growing pains slow down Illini

Iowa pulls away in second half against Illinois 

Williams: 'We didn't finish'

Illinois safety Bennett Williams discusses the Illini's second half struggles and how they're handling a third straight loss after falling to Iowa 45-16 on Saturday. Then hear from Jeff George Jr. and Ra'Von Bonner on the Illinois run game and Nick Allegretti on the Illini offensive line and where the team goes from here.

Upon Further Review: Iowa 45, Illini 16

Beat writer Scott Richey takes a closer look at Illinois’ loss at Iowa on Saturday 

Illini report card: Overall C-

Beat writer Scott Richey gives the Hawkeyes and Illinois grades after Saturday's game

Smith: 'Didn't make enough plays'

Illinois coach Lovie Smith discusses his team's 45-16 loss at Iowa before diving deeper into the play of quarterback Jeff George Jr. and kicker Chase McLaughlin.

Hawkeyes break away from Illini

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Once again, Iowa was letting a supposedly overmatched opponent hang around.

This Is What Rebuilding Looks Like

Illinois Football showed some improvement this week, but still has a long way to go to rebuild the program.

Illini Football: Iowa 45, Illinois 16

#illini Lovie on playing freshmen: We're just looking at our best players. They just so happen to be freshmen. Jeremy Werner (@JWernerScout) October 7, 2017 Last time (today) I promise. Freshman, freshman, freshman, freshman, freshman, freshman, freshman, sophomore, sophomore,...

Despite score, Illini make progress

If all you’re seeing is the final score — Iowa 45, Illinois 16 — your reaction is likely predictable.

TWEETCAP: Illinois 16, Iowa 45

A review of today’s game through the eyes of Twitter

Illinois vs. Iowa recap: Illini better, but not good enough in 45-16 loss

George Jr. tosses three critical interceptions in first start of season

LIVE! Iowa

The Illini kept it close in the first half, but Iowa ran away with it in the fourth quarter of a 45-16 loss for Illinois at Kinnick Stadium.

Illini Football: Game Thread: Illinois at Iowa

TIE GAME AT KINNICK pic.twitter.com/1QEPgf640C IllinoisLoyalty (@IllinoisLoyalty) October 7, 2017 Jeff George Jr to Louis Dorsey pic.twitter.com/TEjwhH89CK IllinoisLoyalty (@IllinoisLoyalty) October 7, 2017 Illinois has started more true freshmen through 4 games this year than Iowa has since 2008...let that...

Illini Basketball: Hoops Recruiting

#Illini '19 bball rec. 6'9" Francis Okoro visiting ILL today: I'm excited can't wait to see what it looks like they just got a new coach. pic.twitter.com/AMCPpMpnMZ Kedric Prince (@KedPrince4) October 7, 2017...

Jeff George Jr. to start against Hawkeyes

Lovie Smith and company have decided to send to insert Jeff George Jr, into the starting lineup.

Illinois Basketball: Elias Valtonen would fill void for 2018

The Illinois basketball team hasn’t had great news in a little while. There were multiple players who decided to commit elsewhere this week. I don’t want to rehash the misses by the Illini but I do want to point out we are now in the top two for a talented European player. It was announced [] Illinois Basketball: Elias Valtonen would fill void for 2018 - Writing Illini - Writing Illini - An Illinois Fighting Illini Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Illinois Football: Future quarterback situation extremely bright

The Illinois football team has 14 commitments for the class of 2018 so far. This class ranks No. 63 in the nation and No. 14 in the Big Ten. Despite the low ranking, Illinois has some pretty good players signed up right now. The only reason the ranking is so low is that they only [] Illinois Football: Future quarterback situation extremely bright - Writing Illini - Writing Illini - An Illinois Fighting Illini Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

How to Watch Illinois at Iowa: Game Time, TV Channel, Online Streaming & Odds

Here’s all the information you need for Saturday’s game.

Sluggish Iowa hosts struggling Illinois

IOWA CITY, Iowa — For the first time in nine years, Iowa is 0-2 in the Big Ten.

Pat Nelson: 'I just like candy'

Game Day Q and A: Safety Pat Nelson

'I'm not intimidated'

Turner, rest of Illini ready after four-hour bus ride on Friday