We Were On A Break

Robert
Jun 18, 2022
[]
[]
5 Comments

I'm not really fishing. Just tired and stressed and hanging up the Gone Fishin' sign for a few days. The self-imposed pressure of "you're falling behind on The 90 Illini again" has been haunting me the last 48 hours so I need to take the next 48 hours off. It's my way of telling that voice "oh yeah? Well how about I fall behind by FIVE days?" Shuts him up.

So check back in on Monday. Or maybe Tuesday. I've poured some Draino on my brain and hopefully this writers blockage will clear by then. Actually, it will be Monday. I have the next podcast episode recorded and I'm posting those every Monday so yes, Monday.

All is fine, by the way. Sometimes the new song is written in 20 minutes and other times I stare at the piano for 2 days and nothing comes out. This is just one of those times.

See you in a couple days.

Comments

SactownIllini on June 18, 2022 @ 02:02 AM

Enjoy the break! Just a thought that since the 90i stresses you out so much each year that perhaps you could incorporate more of how players fit into the team in your football preview and less so individually...yet still do the countdown. I don't know how you do that exactly, but I think that would make the preview even juicier to read. You end up covering a lot of the same info in each 90i post in other 90i posts, and you also cover it in your football preview. I mean, I can eat up every word you type, but I'd hate it if you got too burnt out. Plus, the LLUOI posts are just golden and it may just be me, but I'd love to see you focus on those more than the 90i. At any rate, take all the time you need!

HailToTheOrange on June 18, 2022 @ 07:55 AM

Enjoy the rest! Another suggestion from the peanut gallery... greatly pare down the 90i posts from ~90-31 (pic, summary you're now including, and a single sentence for background/perspective), and do juicier posts for projected starters. I feel like the vast majority of subs wouldn't bat an eyelash...

Efremwinters84 on June 18, 2022 @ 10:53 AM

I second this recommendation. Perhaps include more "meat" as you climb the ladder. 50-90: a pic and a sentence or two. 26-49: a brief paragraph. 1-25: your standard, historical 1-pager.

This also aligns more with our (the readers') interests.

Change is totally acceptable as you continue to grow into the "new job." Be smart. Don't burn-out.

blackdeath on June 19, 2022 @ 03:10 PM

Yeah, I agree with Efrem and the others. Simplify. We don’t need big pieces on all 90. Maybe a couple of basic stats in a template for most and then whatever feels right for your top 20-ish to 30-ish. The rankings above 30-ish give us enough to make inferences on.

Loyal2u on June 19, 2022 @ 09:16 PM

Robert- Echo the others. Enjoy Fathers Day.

Plus I don’t want you writing about the US Open. Illini in the hunt then we lose to a Fighting Fitzee?

Speak Your Mind

Please login or register to post comments on the IlliniBoard.

Post Preview